Message from the CEO
I hope everyone has been having a great summer! The weather has been pretty good, and I have enjoyed seeing many of you on the road the last few weeks. As usual, we have been keeping busy here upgrading our systems and working on bringing more products and services.
Core Routing Infrastructure complete! – As I mentioned in the last newsletter, we spent that last couple months upgrading our core infrastructure. I’m happy to say all this work is finished. Mike Vinogradsky did a fantastic job installing new routers and switches for our connections to carriers and core providers, as well as for our virtual private network (VPN) infrastructure. This equipment more than doubles our capacity, while at the same time improves performance. We invested in over $500K worth of equipment, at no cost to our clients. These installations happened with zero downtime. In addition, we have doubled the size of our Internet connections, doubled the bandwidth for our backup network connections, and doubled the size of our core network connections. This will result in both improved performance and better availability.
Core Virtualization Platform Upgrade – In the last few weeks we have chosen our new virtualization platform. We selected HPE/Simplivity as the basis for our new virtual environment, and the equipment has already been delivered. In August, we will install this equipment and in September we will migrate our virtual servers to this platform. As with the networking equipment, this will more than double our capacity and improve our performance. This dramatic investment in capability also comes at no charge to our clients. BITS will continually look for ways to give our clients the best possible service at the best possible cost.
Welcome New Clients! – Thanks to some outstanding partnerships and great diligence on the part of our sales force, we would like to welcome several new clients to the BITS family. We welcome Carter Bank and Trust in Virginia, Kerndt Brothers Bank in Iowa, and Orange Bank and Trust in New York. We appreciate your confidence in our capabilities and look forward to continue to earn your trust. We now have over 100 clients, and expect to continue growing in the Midwest and New England.
Self Service on Its Way – We have had numerous requests to allow clients to use our portal to perform some infrastructure administration, such as RSA tokens and voicemail password resets, and name changes. We are testing a new software update that will allow us to do this in the next few weeks. After we test this internally, we will be Beta testing this with some clients, with the intent of having it available for everyone this year. We will keep you posted as we make progress here.
I hope to see many of you on the golf course and on the road.
Have a fantastic Summer!
2017 BITS Technology Conference
BITS is excited to announce our first technology conference to be held at the Hilton Hotel – Newark Penn Station and the BITS Corporate HQ in Newark, NJ on November 2 -3 2017. This inaugural event will focus on security, collaboration, and innovative technology solutions. It will include keynote presentations, several breakout sessions with technology demonstrations, a tour of our data center, and a chance to meet the entire BITS Team. Keynotes and sessions will focus on providing customers solutions to solve the changing banking technology needs. This event is ideal for IT/Technology Management, support staff, and anyone interested in learning more about technology. This event is free of charge for BITS customers and will include meals and refreshments during the event. We recommend our clients who will travel far to take advantage of a night or two in New York City following the event which is ending early afternoon on Friday November 3rd. Travel time to New York City from the hotel where the event is hosted – is only 25 minutes by train. Attendee registration is limited, so be on the lookout for registration information coming in September.
Please join us in welcoming the new members of our BITS team.
- David Krauss – Director of Business Development, New England Region. David is playing a key role in our New England Sales Region. He brings a wealth of knowledge and unique skill-sets to the sales department. David has 30+ years of tenure in the telecommunications industry including 13 years at Cisco, where he focused on the voice & collaboration product sets. He will leverage his experience to pair business requirements with technology to create customized BITS solutions for his customers. We are excited to have David be a part of the team to service the growing demand in the New England region.
- Anthony Salerno – Order Processing Specialist. Anthony has joined our operations team to assist with the volume of new customer installations and customer upgrades. He brings over a decade experience in order processing and customer service.
- Rhadelsa Herbert – Junior Accountant. Rhadelsa recently joined BITS, bringing her passion for numbers and over 8 years of accounting experience to the BITS finance team.
Welcome to our newest customers:
BITS is proud to welcome Carter Bank & Trust, Kerndt Brothers Bank, and Orange Bank and Trust Company to the BITS family.
Where we will be:
- NJ Bankers Annual Golf Outing – 8/14/17
- Indiana Bankers Annual Conference – 9/10 to 9/12/17
- NJ Bankers Senior Management Conference – 9/12/17
- Community Choice Credit Union Conference, IA – 9/13 to 9/15/17
- CBIA 43rd Annual Convention & Expo – 9/14 to 9/16/17
- AFT 2017 Fall Summit – 9/17 to 919/17
- IL Bankers Fall Golf Outing – 9/18/17
- Lo BA Applied Technology Conference – 10/24 to10/25/17
- IN Bankers IT Forum Three – 10/25/17
- IL BA Midwest Bank Leaders Conference – 10/27/17
- 2017 BITS Technology Conference – 11/2 to 11/3/2017
- IL Bankers Chicago Area Chapter Holiday Breakfast – 12/8/17