Location: Newark, NJ
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Employment type: Full Time
The hosted services are built on a proprietary platform based on a Cisco architecture in a multi-tenant environment. The candidate should have a background around Cisco Unified Communications, Security and Routing/Switching. From our redundant data centers, on behalf of our customers we aggregate connectivity to a large number of 3rd party core processors and ATM processors, Internet, SIP, with established backbone connectivity to a number of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network transport carriers. In other words, banks and Credit Unions can connect to BITS as a single trusted partner for connectivity, rather than dealing with 4-7 different vendors.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for growing the BITS “net new” customer base (i.e. community banks and credit unions) by using a consultative “outsourcing” and managed services sales approach to win business. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for hitting their annual sales targets. New leads (bank and credit union prospects) will be generated through (50%) various existing partners and Centers of Influence (COI’s), and the other (50%) through own initiative related to networking with bank and telecommunications industry contacts, by attending multiple annual banking related conventions and events.
This position is also responsible for preparing sales presentations, delivering the company’s value proposition to prospects, developing/delivering sales proposals, and servicing existing customers. The position will be supported by a remote Sales Engineer who will be able to come on site if needed, for important presentations.
As part of the initial sales process, we always try to position BITS performing a free of charge cost benefit analysis of the banks overall voice and data network services, as BITS may displace as many as 4-6 different vendors.
- Partners with regional Centers of Influence (COI’s) to introduce the BITS solution to bank executives. Attends events/conventions, visits prospect, develops prospects, and produces viable proposals.
- Networks with bank executives, bank vendors, and telecommunications/other industry contacts to identify business opportunities, build the sales funnel, and grow the business.
- Uses a consultative sales approach to win business (i.e. builds relationships, understands business needs, identifies solutions, delivers value propositions).
- Partners with prospects to understand business needs (i.e. pain points, cost structure, expansion plans, best practices, 3rd party connection requirements).
- Develops/delivers sales presentations using best approach solutions to win business. Adapts presentations to audience; gaining credibility and delivering business cases that convince prospects to adopt the BITS solution.
- Solves/addresses prospect issues that can be roadblocks to success (i.e. timing, access to capital, in-house technical resources). Engages other people as required (both internal and external) to develop creative solutions to problems (i.e. researching capital alternatives, contract/tariff review, educating executives on appropriate focus for internal resources).
- Develops comprehensive sales proposals to address telecommunications, compliance, and best practice solutions for prospective customers.
- Ascertains cost factors that impact BITS pricing (i.e. portability, site locations, circuit / speed availability, special customer requirements).
- Delivers sales proposals in person and follows-up on the decision-making cycle with prospects.
- Updates lead/opportunity information in the CRM system (i.e. Salesforce).
- Improves the sales process (i.e. refines tools/procedures) to address market conditions and/or prospect characteristics.
- Organizes and conducts implementation “kickoff calls” (i.e. introduces implementation team members, identifies key customer stakeholders, and verifies responsibilities).
- Participates in weekly Sales and Leadership Team meetings.
- Assists customers in resolving issues (ie. vendor connectivity options, related business process enhancements, coaching/guiding customers through technical issues).
- Partners with other employees throughout the Company to address customer issues as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of contract renewals.
- Performs onsite testing (new circuit validation, site to site circuit metrics, additional tests to validate resolutions).
- Offers guidance and recommendations for network improvements.
- Conducts regular onsite visits with customer stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Solution selling experience focused on executive stakeholders.
- Experience selling products/services in the banking or telecommunications industry is preferred.
- Experience selling Cisco products is preferred.
- Cisco Sales certifications or equivalent are preferred (i.e. Cisco Sales Expert, Cisco Express Foundation Sales Specialist, Cisco Advanced IP Communications Sales Specialist, Cisco Lifecycle Services Express), Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS)
Attention to Detail / Professionalism – Solid and professional writing skills and formatting, including emails, proposals, RFPs etc.
Planning and Organization – Self driven, no need to be micro managed, forecasting, setting objectives and tasks, establishing priorities.
Leadership – Ability to get buy-in from C-Level prospect executives, take charge and drive the process for each sales opportunity (rather than allowing the prospect to drive the sales process).
Personality – The Business Development Director will meet with Bank and Credit Union CEOs / CFOs / CIOs / COOs to provide them with our value proposition. The sale executive has to project professionalism, establish trust, credibility, and “likability” with the prospect executive before starting “selling” our complete platform of managed services. BITS will be one of the customer’s most critical partners/vendors for operations, for several years if selected. We often replace the internal IT manager’s responsibilities by managing their routers, switches, phone systems, firewall, and telecommunication outage escalations and monitoring. This is why we are targeting an unbiased C-level decision as the decision maker, as the IT manager may not want to give up control of their current responsibilities. Also, the IT manager often fear the perceived work load related to going through a conversion or changing vendors.
- Ability to travel up to 60 – 75% predominantly by auto.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high fast paced environment.
- Ability to work after traditional business hours if needed
|Salary Range:||Inquire within|
|Bonus:||Yes – up to 10% of your annual salary|
|401K Matching||Up to 4%|
|Medical Benefits:||Employer pays up to 97% for you and your family|
|Dental:||Employer pays 100% for you and 70% for your family.|
|Group Life Insurance:||Yes|
|Short/Long term Disability||Yes|
|Voluntary Life Insurance:||Yes|
|Vacation:||23 days per calendar year (Including: Sick and PTO)|
|Holiday pay:||10 days per calendar year|
|Bereavement Leave:||Up to 5 days|
|Employee Referral Bonus:||Yes|
|Educational Assistance:||Yes, based on current role needs|