Location: Newark, NJ
Employment type: Full Time
Under the direction of the CFO, the controller overseas the day-to-day financial activities in compliance with GAAP, cash management activities, tax reporting, manages accounts receivable, accounts payable and billing. The controller must have high-level analytic and management skills and working knowledge of Accounting, Microsoft Office and exhibit a sound understanding and ability to carry out accounting reconciliations.
The controller will work closely with the TSC (Technical Support Center), Implementation and Sales & Marketing teams to promote billing timelines, accuracy and quality.
- Manage all accounting and operational related system and procedures to accuracy.
- Prepare and analyze of monthly financial statements in compliance with GAAP and government regulations. Coordinate with and assist external auditors and regulators as appropriate for year-end audit.
- Resolve customer accounting queries.
- Manage all correspondence sent by the Finance staff to assure accuracy.
- Manage and review monthly recurring invoices (MRI) based on contract pricing schedule.
- Manage accuracy of all monthly recurring invoices.
- Prepare 6-month forecast for MRR (Management Recurring Revenue).
- Manage and review all billing related to professional services, POTS billing, teleconferencing, international calls, hardware, annual subscription and Smartnet renewals.
- Preparation of General Ledger entries and reconciliation.
- Preparation of monthly financial account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Manage and review weekly check run, for both POTS/BNC, cash availability and payable invoices.
- Ensure all company state tax filings are made.
- Manage approval process for vendor and hardware accounts.
- Ensure accurate calculation of depreciation for year-end reporting.
- Process sales tax and 1099 reporting.
- Maintain, update and implement financial policies and procedures with CFO.
- Manage training and professional growth of finance staff.
- Responsible for abiding by all regulations, policies, work procedures and
- Evaluate accounting processes and internal control systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Perform special projects as assigned by CFO or CEO
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on accounting managerial experience, preferable Technology industry.
- CPA (preferred)
- High-level working knowledge of Microsoft required, ability to create and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets independently.
- Strong analytical and technical skills required
- Management/Supervision experience: 4 years (required)
- ERP accounting system, Accounting Seed a plus
- Advanced math skills
- Highly organized, with strong written, verbal communication skills
- Success working in a team-based environment
- Demonstrates leadership/management experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high fast paced environment.
- Ability to work after traditional business hours if needed
- This job operates in a clerical office setting
- Competitive Salary
- 97% Medical Coverage, Dental and Vision benefits
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Term Life Insurance
- 401-K up to 4% matching after 1-year
- PTO (vacation, sick, personal)
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Certification Educationnel Assistant
- Parking Reimbursement
Candidates Must be Able to Pass Background and Credit Checks. EEOC Compliant.