Location: Newark, NJ
Employment type: Full Time
BITS is seeking an experienced Level 2 Network Support Engineer to join our growing team in Newark, NJ. The ideal candidate must have strong Cisco networking experience, a dedicated problem solver, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high enthusiasm for the team/customer success.
The Level 2 Network Support Engineer is primarily responsible for the escalations from the TSC Engineer Level 1 and TSC Administrator. This role requires excellent user engagement skills, effective communication and TSC team development and training. The ideal candidate should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, and someone who enjoys learning and sharing knowledge.
- Responsible for all customers and level 2 escalations.
- Maintains regular customer communications through resolution.
- Provides professional and courteous service to all customers and ensures a positive call experience.
- Responsible for all assigned NETWORK customer questions or issues relative to all services or equipment managed by BITS.
- Rotational off hour on call responsibilities.
- Responsible for all Level 2 escalations from the TSC team.
- Advanced Cisco Switch and Router configuration, implementation and problem resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of different transport: MPLS / Broadband /Fiber / Ethernet circuit implementation and problem resolution.
- Advanced Network Performance Monitoring (NPM) analysis.
- Advanced latency and routing analysis and problem resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, TCP/IP).
- Advanced knowledge of protocols and areas including: DMVPN, VRF, NAT, PAT, Subnetting, Layer 3 switching, WiFi (Meraki), DNS, DHCP .
- VLAN implementation and problem resolution.
- Advanced related services implementation and problem resolution.
- Maintain technical or product development projects.
- Experience with Cisco TAC
- Provide required mentorship and training of TSC personnel.
- Maintain 3rd Party Vendor Projects
- Conducts conference calls with 3rd party vendors and customers as required.
- Develops action plans relative to customer issues or requests.
- Prepares and implements custom configurations as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical related field or 3 years of relevant networking field experience.
- CCNP certifications or relevant experience are preferred.
- Knowledge of networking, network operations, maintenance of a network infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, help desk, or claims desk.
- Experience in a high-volume/fast-paced call center where a large number of calls and emails are exchanged and customer satisfaction is a priority.
- Experience in a customer-focused role.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Communication Skills both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- A sense of urgency in resolving customer issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional Team player
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Matching
- Group Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Transportation Benefits
- 23 Annual PTO days
- Holiday Pay