Location: Newark, NJ
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Employment type: Full Time
The purpose of this position is to provide first level of support for Severity 1 issues indicated within the Network Operations Center. Responsible for own work. Monitor, identify and respond to problems in the Network Operations Center (NOC). Detect and respond to network and infrastructure alerts, escalating to appropriate parties if necessary. Use network management tools to determine nature of outage and resolve problems.
Customer Service (include but not limited to)
- Responds to all customer questions or service requests regarding network issues.
- Maintains regular customer communications through resolution.
- Provides professional and courteous service to all customers and ensures a positive call experience.
Technical Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Analyze network and server alerts generated by the monitoring tools, such as Solarwinds and RTMT.
- Act as first line of contact for all trouble ticket issues
- Timely response to network troubles to meet defined company measures of quality.
- Open and resolve tickets as created or assigned
- Rotational off hour on call responsibilities.
- Cisco Switch / Router configuration, implementation and problem resolution.
- MPLS and broadband circuit implementation and problem resolution.
- Basic latency and routing analysis and problem resolution
- Responsible for all assigned service ticket administration.
- Ability to work in a ticket-based system – updating ticket notes and details with work performed before handing off to engineers.
Backup to TSC Administrator (included but not limited to)
- Handling calls into the Helpdesk and addressing customer requests.
- Opening tickets to for requests that come in via the Helpdesk inbox or calls into the Helpdesk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technical related field or 1-2 years of relevant networking field experience.
- US Citizen
- Cisco Certifications are preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred (i.e. A+, N+, and Windows)
- Knowledge of networking, network operations, maintenance of a network infrastructure.
- 1+ years of experience in technical support, help desk, or claims desk.
- Experience in a high-volume/fast-paced call center where a large number of calls and emails are exchanged and customer satisfaction is a priority.
- Experience in a customer-focused role.
- Cisco Experience is preferred.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Communication Skills both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- A sense of urgency in resolving customer issues.
- Attention to detail.
|Salary Range:||Inquire within|
|Bonus:||Yes – up to 10% of your annual salary|
|401K Matching||Up to 4%|
|Medical Benefits:||Employer pays up to 97% for you and your family|
|Dental:||Employer pays 100% for you and 70% for your family.|
|Group Life Insurance:||Yes|
|Short/Long term Disability||Yes|
|Voluntary Life Insurance:||Yes|
|Vacation:||23 days per calendar year (Including: Sick and PTO)|
|Holiday pay:||10 days per calendar year|
|Bereavement Leave:||Up to 5 days|
|Employee Referral Bonus:||Yes|
|Educational Assistance:||Yes, based on current role needs|